Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Sitting Pretty in Ikat
Lately I've been obsessed with decorating ideas for our new place. It's the first apartment I've lived in where I feel really comfortable and where I actually find myself spending time thinking about what will fill the walls and what color living room I'd like to eat my toast in on Saturday mornings. Right now I'm in love with ikat textiles on just about anything -- chairs, pillows, ottomans. I'd especially love having curtains in the blue and white pattern from the chair in the top left corner. Since there's so much brown in our living room, I think it'd make for a really nice contrast.
1. Urban Outfitters Indigo Ikat Slipper Chair $329
2. Madeline Weinrib Celery Daphne pillow
3. Dwell Studio Diamond Ikat Citrine Pillow $58
4. West Elm Essex upholstered ottoman $299
5. Bergere chair covered in Alan Campbell fabric (www.whatisjameswearing.com)