I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week. I just can't make sense of how a whole year has passed by since the last time I woke up for a day of mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Which means that Christmas (my favorite time of year) is just around the corner! It'll soon be time to drink all the gingerbread lattes I can, listen to Christmas songs day in and day out until Alan's ears bleed, and put up a pretty little tree! Weee! I can't wait! But, that also means that I've got to get a jump start on my holiday shopping because as much as I love finding the perfect gifts for my lovely friends, the pressure of last minute shopping trips takes all the fun out of it. So this year, I'm starting early. Here are some of my favorite gift ideas for the gals in your life who leave you a sweet present when you're feeling down, who make you laugh, and who always make time to listen.
1. Kate Spade 2011 Calendar $18
2. Anthropologie eternity scarf $78 -- I love the idea of giving cozy + especially enormous scarves as gifts. It's like giving a big warm hug.
3. Anatomy of Love art print $40
4. Kate Spade A Penny For Your Thoughts bangle $48
5. 3191 Quarterly subscription $62 -- Created by two friends, this magazine is chock full of everyday inspiration. And it's a gift that comes four times a year! I've been dying to get my hands on a copy.
6. Gap heart tights $10
7. West Elm washi paper tape + dispenser $29
8. Byrdandbelle grey wool felt Macbook sleeve $76 -- They also make really awesome wallets that hold your iPhone, credit card, and license for when you want to leave your big purse at home.