Did you watch the Oscars last night? It’s funny because I never watch them, but following celebrities is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. When I lived in L.A., I wouldn’t see celebrities all the time but definitely way more than I thought I would. I took a history class my freshmen year with Taylor Anne Mountz, who played the original Kay Bennett from the soap opera Passions. (18-year-old me thought that was the coolest thing ever). I’d always debate between talking to them and saying nothing/playing it cool. In the end, I’d wimp out every time I saw one, including:
- John Lithgow walking his dogs at UCLA — he turned out to be my professor’s tennis partner!
- Stella Ward shopping in Urban Outfitters on Melrose Avenue
- JC Chasez eating at Mel’s Drive-In on Sunset Blvd.
- Zach Braff being obnoxiously loud on his cell phone at LAX
- Snoop Dogg being hounded for autographs on Sunset Blvd.
- Nick Spano studying in Kerckhoff coffee house
- Bill Maher in a club on Sunset Blvd.